Monday, October 2, 2017

Shared: Wedding - Invitations

Just 75 days until the wedding... it's coming up so fast!  Fortunately, I don't have much left to do, especially since I finally finished my invitations.


Yep, our invitation is a taco!  LOL  If you take a peek back at our Save the Date card, there was a taco hint there, too. :)

I designed/drew these myself, had the pieces professionally printed on cardstock, then cut out all the moving parts.  That last part was kind of a bitch but thankfully we are only inviting about 40 people and only needed 19 invitations total.





I am so, so, so happy with the way the pieces fit together!  I was so scared that they wouldn't once they were printed.

The RSVP card is separate and we included the stamp separately with the words "Want a free stamp?" because we also have an online RSVP form as well.  Here's a screenshot of the RSVP card:


It's hard to to tell in the pics but the RSVP card is actually the same color and textured-design as the the "taco shell" of the invitation.  The "wild bears" are also an in-joke because we are using my Bearly Dreadfuls as centerpieces. :)  I doubt anyone will get it but it made me giggle.

The seals for the envelopes have the same textured-design as well.

I can't/shouldn't mail these out until the end of the month but I'm just happy that they are finally finished!

A very flattering shot  LOL

As you may have guessed, we are having tacos for our wedding dinner.  :)  We are having them catered by one of our favorite Mexican restaurants, Cielo Blue.





13 comments:

  1. HA HA! Those are AWESOME! It's great to see people incorporating merriment and really making their wedding their own. Too many people focus on impressing everyone with a trendy, Pinterest-perfect wedding.

    And now I am craving tacos. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The trendy, Pinterest weddings are pretty but (*yawns*) boring. And very much not my/our style. :)

      Tacos are a staple in our lives so it only made sense to have them on our special day! LOL

      Delete
  2. So creative and unique, love it!!!
    Are you going to have a taco bar at your reception?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yep, we are indeed having a taco bar. :)

      Delete
  3. OMG! That is amazing!!!!! You are so creative and I love your sense of humor AND how you are both having your wedding your way. CONGRATS!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you! :) I thought we would get a little kick back from the parental front but I think they all know how weird we are so are just going along with everything. LOL

      Delete
  4. They look awesome! We had 10 people at the wedding (including us) but still my biggest regret is that I didn't make cute invitations. We had barbeque at the in-laws' summer house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds wonderful! If we had just immediate family, we'd have about 15 including us. The rest are our adopted families and a few close co-workers. We had considered a barbecue as well but tacos won out. They always do. Lol

      Delete
  5. There so cool. They look amazing I am always for diying. It sounds great idea having a more intimate wedding. Rather than loads of people. I think the smaller wedding sound far more enticing than a large affair.

    ReplyDelete