Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Wore: A hearse! A hearse! My queendom for a hearse!

I know it's cliche but one of my dream cars is a vintage hearse painted either dark purple or dark green with a black top and white wall tires.  Kind of like this one:

Source
I've always loved the aesthetics of hearses plus the fact that they make the necessary transportation of our loved ones into something special instead of just throwing the casket in the back of a van or strapping it to the top of a Toyota.

I recently discovered that there are 2! dealerships near me that sell new and used so who knows?  Maybe some day. :)

In the mean time, I can live vicariously through people on the internet and jewelry!

Necklace: ProjectPinUpAccessories.com

I got this from Project Pin Up Accessories and had to switch out the chain for a slightly longer black cord.  I love that the headlights are actually crystals!  Because the pendant is on the larger side, I have to wear it with tops that have more open necklines otherwise it just looks awkward but I absolutely love it.

I have no way of getting decent outfit shots but here's one of my 2 typical looks :

Top: SWAK Designs
Skirt: Jessica London
Necklace: Project Pin Up Accessories
Bracelet: Lane Bryant (from about 12-15 years ago)

I look so shapeless in this photo!  My apartment is too small and dark for pics like this so I have to use the mirror at work.  Unfortunately, it has a small wall right in front of it so I have to get really close to the mirror in order to see all of me and there's not a lot of room for fancy poses.

Since the details blend, the skirt is a jersey knit floor length piece of heaven and the top is a jersey knit with a high-low hem.  Most of my clothes are jersey knit, actually.  I have extremely sensitive skin so I tend to stay with soft fabrics in order to make it through the day.

I don't really wear a lot of make up unless we are going out for the evening.  For work, on a good day, it's just a little eyeliner and a touch of lip gloss.  If my skin is especially red that day, I might wear a little primer to even things out.


Here I am with no make up at all first thing in the morning with no caffeine.  I was not feeling well all weekend and still felt horrible that morning but managed to at least get myself dressed and to work.  I didn't even fix my hair!  I don't really see many people during the day so I let my sleepy eye bags fly free.  :D


No comments:

Post a Comment