Monday, July 31, 2017

Shared: What's in the bag? WHAT'S IN THE BAG??

As a kid... heck, even now... my favorite time of day to be out and about is dusk because it's light enough for people to keep their curtains open but dark enough so they need to turn on the lights inside.  I love catching glimpses of people doing everyday, mundane things like eating dinner, doing the dishes, talking on the phone, watching TV, etc.  The types of things that aren't private but aren't meant for audiences, either.

Surprisingly, I've only ever caught a sexual act once while driving through a neighborhood and it made me blush.

Before anyone gets upset, I am not a Peeping Tom nor do I stop and stalk people.  It's just a weird, random, 3-second thing that amuses me if I happen to be driving past houses on my way somewhere else.  Though, I always tell Andy that when I die, I plan on coming back as ghost and spying on the mundane parts of people's lives.

So it should be no surprise that it fascinates me when bloggers do a post of what they carry inside their purse or bag.  I love that rare peek into the private yet mundane.  And since I now have a fancy lady grown up purse, I thought it'd be fun to do my own. :)

From Unique Vintage
Up until about a month ago, I was pretty much a messenger bag kind of girl with the occasional break to carry a backpack.  There's always just been more stuff that I wanted to lug around with me than a purse could carry.  My tablet, books, paper, Sharpies (I'm a doodler and a list maker), etc.  Unfortunately, I started to notice that my shoulder was always hurting, likely from the weight.

I was online trying to find a cool coffin-shaped bag to put make up in when I came across this coffin-shaped purse.  I fell in love with it immediately but sat on it for a couple of weeks before finally treating myself to it.  At $52, I've never spent that much for a bag and I never pay full price for things that are a want vs a need.  And a purse?  I've never carried a purse.  How would I fit all my things in it?


The essentials plus a few extras fit perfectly!

So I made a list of the essentials I thought I would need when not at work and realized I could make this work.  Everything else could just go in a tote bag when needed.

This is everything that I carry in my fancy grown up lady purse now... minus my phone.  My phone slips into the front pocket of the bag but I used it to take the pictures so I don't have a picture of my phone itself.



Lips make up bag: June Ipsy bag
Wallet: Loungefly
Fan: Amazon
Keys: Mine :)

My R2D2 wallet from Loungefly fit perfectly!  That was important.  And, of course, the stuff inside the Ipsy bag are not essentials but I like having them with me, just in case.

Blistex Medicated (I love the tingle): Drugstore
Compact with blotter sheets: Wish
Pen: random
Pacifica Indian Coconut Nectar Perfume roller: my July Ipsy bag
Cheap eyeliner for emergency fixes or skin doodles: Drugstore
Lip gloss selection: Torrid and the drugstore
I know that the 5 lip glosses are far from essential but I like to have options and change throughout the day.  Plus, the bag has lips on it.  It needs to carry lip stuff in it.  That's just common sense. ;)

I just got the perfume roller and am loving it.  It has a beachy, coconut smell which is yummy and makes me feel like I've been outside even though I avoid sunlight like a good little vampire bat.  LOL

In the tote bag (which changes almost daily) I always have my tablet, my medications, my wedding planning list book, and a zippered bag with pens, notepads, Aleve/Tylenol, etc.  Other stuff moves in and out depending on my mood. And some days, like today, I leave it at home because I don't foresee needing the contents while at work.  I just throw my meds into my lunch bag and call it good.

What are your essentials that you carry in your purse or bag or pockets?

No comments:

Post a Comment