Friday, July 14, 2017

Bought: Bride of Frankie necklace and more!

Horror movies have always been a huge part of my life.  Mom jokes that I've been watching them since before I was born because she's been a horror buff most of her life, too.  When I was really little and we still lived in Duluth, MN, Mom would take me to see double features at the drive in (which was sadly demolished many years ago).

Skyline Drive-In Theater, Duluth, MN

There was usually a family friendly movie followed by a horror flick, the thought being most kids will fall asleep during the kid movie anyway (since the movies started after sun down in the summer).  I've never been a sleeper, though, and Mom would let me stay up in the back seat to watch the horror movie.  Even as a child with an extremely over-active imagination, I was never prone to nightmares from the monsters, blood, etc.

So when I saw this Bride of Frankie necklace over on Cats Like Us, I knew she had to be mine!

Bride of Frankie by Jubly Umph at catslikeus.com

This has been one of the few necklaces that I haven't needed to put on a new cord due to length.  It hits me exactly where I like it!



While on the site, I also picked up this cute little bat brooch which now lives on my wall at work.  He's guarding my wedding countdown sheet and likes to talk to my mini self-portrait.

Very Eerie Black Bat Pin by Lumpy Buttons at catslikeus.com

It may be hard to see in the pic but only 155 days until the wedding!  Don't worry, there WILL be wedding posts coming soon.  LOL

Of course, I had to get something for Andy since they actually carry shirts in his size.  I love retro and vintage fashion but most plus size shops don't go quite large enough for my celestial shape.  ;)  Andy loves the look of work shirts and rockabilly shirts so I made sure to get him one that was not work appropriate!  He hasn't worn it yet but here's the pic from the site.

Bettie Page Card Suit Shirt by Steady Clothing at catslikeus.com

I mean, who doesn't like Bettie Page?  Hitler.  Hitler doesn't like Bettie Page.  This was also fitting for Andy because he used to be a professional poker player.  I can't wait to see it on him!

Just in case you are curious about us, here's a picture of us from a few years ago.  We both look the same although my short hairstyle and glasses have changed shape but not color.  This is also a very rare shot of me in the sun without my parasol up!  I took it down just long enough for the picture and the sun immediately started to nom on me.  Stupid day star.


Have a wonderful weekend and stay cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment