Thursday, July 13, 2017

Made: past Christmas/Yule gifts

I have always been my most happy when I am doing something creative, whether it's drawing, doodling, sewing, painting, cutting shapes out of bits of paper, cooking, or arranging Skittles into patterns or pictures.  When I am making something, all is right with the world and my heart.

A bonus to this innate need I have, it's a great way to save money on gifts for people!  I love receiving homemade gifts (though it rarely happens) as much as I love creating something for the people I love.  I did that way back in college and got out of the practice once I was working and had more liquid finances.  After getting divorced a couple of years ago, it was the perfect opportunity to get into that practice.

In 2015, my obsession was drawing on my tablet so I drew things for my family, printed them out and framed the pictures.  People seemed to like them or were at least good at hiding their disappointment if they didn't!  Ha ha!

Here are my favorites!

Sister: she had posted a selfie of her and my 2 nephews on Facebook so I used that to create this:

Oldest Nephew: his birthday is 2 days after Christmas so I drew him 2 things and wrapped them separately so he could open one each day.  At the time, his favorite video game was Fallout 4 and his favorite TV show was The Regular Show so I did a mash up of those 2 things:


Younger Nephew: he was really into superheroes so I drew him as one!

Mom:  She was remodelling her kitchen with a Tuscan theme so I thought this was fitting.

Dad: Being from Minnesota and a football fan, this only made sense. :)

Andy (my fiance): He is a geek of all kinds (books, movies, comic books, music, etc.) so I did my version of Star Wars characters. :)

I'm sure yet what I'm going to make for gifts this year... hmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment