Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Wore: On Wednesdays, We Wear Pink

"Mean Girls" is one of my guilty pleasure movies.  It's not a "good" movie by any means but it's entertaining.  It also makes me laugh at High School Me because of how hard I tried to fit in to stop from being teased so badly.  The "mean girls" in my school were nowhere to that level but I grew up in a small town in Northern Minnesota.  My graduating class only had 74 kids so it was harder to get away that sort of behavior.  Unfortunately, it made it harder to hide to avoid the tamed down version of that sort of behavior, too.

My favorite line from that movie was "On Wednesdays, we wear pink" so imagine my glee when "American Horror Story: Coven" adapted it to "On Wednesdays, we wear black."  :)  
Source
With the exception of the black nylon knee socks, I'd wear any one of those outfits though I don't think I could pull off the on on the left.  I'm not that chic. 

I love hats.  I really should wear hats more often.  

Anyway, when I got dressed this morning, I realized I was doing a mash up of both.  And since it is Wednesday, I tried to pull off a "mean girl" face.  Nailed it?  LOL

This is one of MANY attempts:
Shrug: I've had it for so long, I don't remember
Dress: New Look
Leggings: Torrid
Shoes: Hot Chocolate Designs (I told you they were my favorites)

Being mean is just not in my nature.  Gleefully sadistic? Sure!  Happily macabre?  You got it!  Morbidly cute?  It's my state of being.  But mean?  No clue.   My phone was nice and made them all my attempts into an animation for me. :)



I forgot to take a "normal" pic, though.  Oops!  


I got my pink nerd robot necklace at the gift shop at the base of the Incline Railway at Lookout Mountain in Chattanooga, TN a while back when my ex and I used to go on road trips.  He doesn't get worn as much as he used to (since I discovered Wish and have a lot of jewelry to choose from now) but he's still one of my favorites. 

I am really looking forward to the 7th season of American Horror Story.  We don't have cable, though, just internet so we'll either need to wait until the whole season comes out or find another way to watch it.  I may even open up my coin purse and pay for it if I get desperate enough.  :)


14 comments:

  1. I love those shoes. Every time I see them I'm tempted to buy some for myself. One of these days I just won't be able to resist. I also loved American Horror Story: Coven. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, CorvusChao! I've loved every season of AHS so far but Coven has been my favorite. I will warn you about Hot Chocolate Designs, though: once you get one pair, the obsession starts. :)

      Delete
  2. i love Mean Girls! lol it actually takes place where I grew up. Pink and black definitely your colors. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Most of the "color" in my wardrobe is pink. I accessorize to match my hair. LOL That's cool about the movie taking place where you grew up!

      Delete
  3. The outfits on AHS: Coven are pretty amazing.

    I love your dress, I like that it's simple yet has those crossing straps-- a nice buildable piece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) It was a purchase choice that I had to mull over for a while. Who'd of thought that 2 little straps in the front would be outside my comfort zone? LOL It was even harder trying to decide if I should or shouldn't wear a necklace with it, but I let my inner 3-year-old take over and wore what I wanted. :)

      Delete
  4. Mean Girls is so good! I'd wear outfits 2 and 4

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that your hair, cardi and necklace match!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I wear color, I tend to accessorize to match my hair. LOL

      Delete
  6. I love Mean Girls! It's super fun to watch as an adult, detached from all the high school drama - although it isn't even remotely like that in my country. I never understood why every girl was swooning over that boring kid whose name I forget when Kevin G was clearly The. Bomb. And what's with all the blind bus drivers?
    Anyway, I love the pink and black combo and your "mean face" gif. AHS seems like a fun show, I should look it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a a couple of girls in my class that could have been like that if they ever thought to but the movie is a caricature, I think. Damian was my favorite guy on the show but he also reminded me of my best friend at the time. :)

      If you like horror, I really do recommend American Horror Story. I finally caved and bought the latest season on Amazon.

      Delete
    2. Damian and Mr. Duvall were my favourite characters but I meant among the dateable guys since Damian was too gay to function and Mr. Duvall was twice the girls' age :) Lucky you, I wish I had a friend like that!

      Delete