Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Wore: Break-A-Leg

HI!!!
Hi!  So nice to see you!  How are you?  Glad to hear it!  Me?  Oh, I'm fine.  Thanks for asking.  No, really... I'm okay.  Yeah, my knee still really, really, really hurts but I'm trying to not be a whiner about it.  It's to the point where I just want to cry every time I have to walk more than 20 steps.  But, the good news is I *FINALLY* have an appointment with the orthopedist next week.  Yay!

Unfortunately, because I am spending a lot more time with my leg up, I am online shopping way more than I should be.  I can justify about 75% of the purchases, at least.  Like the bottles for the wedding mead Andy is making.  I also recently got this top from New Look while it was on super sale:

New Look
The mirror at work was super streaky so I couldn't get a full body shot, though.  I paired this with one of my long black skirts so you can probably imagine the rest. The mesh makes me feel super edgy and broody as you can see in the top picture.  LOL  I still feel kinda bad ass, though.  As bad ass as I can feel anyway.

Here's a more "serious" one.  ;)
It's SO serious that the shadow of my nose is pointing out my chin pimple quite nicely.
For date night last week, it was my turn to choose so I chose to go to Joe's Crab Shack.  I will spare my non-meat-eating friend any specific details (sorry, Goth Gardener!) but my meal came with this bib which made me laugh more than a sane, rational adult probably should have.  At least that was Andy's take on my giggles. :)


It also seemed apropos since my leg is gimpy.  I love that word.  Apropos.

Anyway...Do you partake in retail therapy?  If so, what's your go-to store, shop, or website?

Until later, sweet p'taters!

(Yes, I am overly-caffeinated right now  Why do you ask?  LOL)

8 comments:

  1. Hey Sarrah, Check out my blog. I hope you don't mind, I featured you... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You like me! You really like me! Thank you! :)

      Delete
  2. Awful that your knee hurts so much! I hope you get good news from the orthopedist.
    I fail at retail therapy. I'm frugal, picky, and hard to fit, so I rarely find anything I'm willing to buy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am a weird shape but there's suddenly an influx of things designed in a way that fit me. So I've gone a little crazy after so much time of rarely buying clothes. LOL

      Delete
  3. That's an awesome top! I like retail therapy...I figured since I don't have any other vices like smoking, drinking, gambling, etc, shopping can be mine lol. It's also sister bonding time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If my sister lived closer, I could definitely see a number of shopping days together, too! :)

      Delete
  4. On line shopping weird for me. At point, particallt when I was younger and had a credit card I used to purchase a lot of stuff online. I prefer going to try the stuff on or being able to look at it. I have recently purchasing neck appliques from ebay, a french curve and a sewing pattern. Now, as I get older I'm still shopping but either second hand or Primark. Or I sew my own clothing. Nice top. I rarely shop in New Look anymore. Glad your getting your knee sorted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went over 3 years without buying anything new but would refashion, thrift, or sew from scratch. I'm still very frugal and rarely pay full price for anything since money is still tight but I've had good luck with a number of sites. New Look is new to me and I've found a handful of gems in their Curves category.

      Delete