Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Wore: It's ME!

My knee is getting worse, to the point where driving almost brings me to tears and it wakes me up at night.  Unfortunately, I can't get in to see an orthopedist for over 3 weeks.  But because I am not sleeping well, I am drinking a lot more caffeine during the day.

Caffeine (and sugar) affect me the way it would a 5-year-old.  When I pick Andy up from work, he can tell when I've had more than usual (or if someone had cake or donuts at work that day).  I think this pic sort of illustrates this:
Dress: SWAK Design
Leggings: New Look
Shoes: Hot Chocolate Designs
Necklaces: gifts from Andy
This was the only picture I took where I wasn't blurry.  LOL

Here's a close up of my beloved Nightmare Before Christmas necklaces that Andy got me for Yule:


The bottom one is actually 2 halves that are meant to be BFF necklaces but I put them together on one long chain instead.  I almost always wear the 2 necklaces together.  I've read that some people think Nightmare Before Christmas is overrated and overdone but I don't care.  It's still one of my favorite movies. :)

Because of the knee pain being overwhelming, we've been using a free trial of Fresh Cart on Amazon Prime to have groceries delivered to us which has been SO NICE!  They don't have everything we need so Andy still has to run in to get a few of his essentials but it's better than putting the whole grocery trip on him while I sit out in the minivan.

We also got really behind on laundry since we don't have a washer/dryer in our apartment.  We decided that we could afford to use a laundry service to get caught up so I found a good one that also had free pick up.  And it really was free.  Most other places I looked at charged more per pound to cover their "free" service.  Pfft.  I can math!

It felt weird sending my clothes out with some stranger.  Especially because it was such a large chunk of my wardrobe.  What if they ruined it?  What if they stole it?  What if it ended up on the black market??  Andy told me to calm my imagination down.  :)  

We had them pick up the clothes on Thursday afternoon (Andy's day off) and drop them back off Saturday when we were home.  All the clothes came back and they were folded so nicely.  Even my bras and underwear.  I never fold my undergarments.


Sidia wasted no time and jumped on everything as soon as we laid it on the bed.  Every time I open a drawer, I am still amazed at how neatly everything is folded.  All the things that are different sizes are folded to be the same size and quite compact without folds or wrinkles.  I'm really not sure how they did that!  It just showed me how much I am lacking when it comes to domestic skills. :)

Just so he doesn't get jealous, here's a picture of Rustle in a rare moment of stillness.  (That's why his name is a verb and not a noun.)


Lastly, Andy bought me a Baby Groot doll who has quickly become best friends with Claude van Dumm.  They are pretty much inseparable at this point.  Their conversations crack me up, though!  They basically go like this:

(*singing*) "My name is Claude van Dumm Dumm Dumm!"
"I am Groot!"
"My name is Claude"
"I am Groot?"
(*singing*)  "van Dumm Dumm Dumm!"
"I am Groot."
"And my name is Claude."
"I am... Groot."
"Your name is Groot?"
"I am Groot!"
(*singing*) "My name is Claude van Dumm Dumm Dumm!"
"I am Groot."
(*singing*) "Van Groot Groot Groot!"


6 comments:

  1. Hahaha! Love the pic of you! I consumed a vat of coffee today because I went to bed really late. Wheeeeeeee! Caffeine and sugar!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol Thank you! Caffeine and sugar makes the world go 'round! Or at least it feels that way from all the spinning and dancing. :)

      Delete
    2. LOL at work, I spin in my chair and go wheeee! No one looks at me funny anymore, they got used to it :p

      Delete
    3. LOL That's awesome! Wheeeee! :)

      Delete
  2. Was always tempted to use pick up service, but it's super pricy where I live. Chic outfit! And I love your hair!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really lucked out with the one I happened to find! Most of the others were way beyond my paycheck capabilities. LOL Yeah, it's still more than going to a laundromat and doing it myself but it's really not that much more. :)

      And thank you for the compliments! :D

      Delete