Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Wore: Bats in the Shadows

You've probably noticed this already but if you haven't, I'll point it out: I don't really like to wear prints.  I love prints on other people but I feel so completely out of my element when I wear them myself so the few print items I have are usually delegated to lounge clothes for home only.

I'm trying very hard to get over that.

This is one of my baby steps into the world of graphic prints in public:

Leggings: Hot Topic online
Shoes: Hot Chocolate Designs

This was also my test to see if the plus size leggings on HotTopic.com would actually fit me.  And they do!  Yay!

I know a lot of people aren't fans of Hot Topic and I completely get it.  I rarely step foot inside the store unless I have to go to the mall for some other reason (though I try to avoid that as much as I can).   Online, though, it's a good source for skully clothes in my size. :)

I've worn these a few times now with various dresses and they are starting to grow on me.

Dress: New Look

I also get compliments from strangers whenever I wear them so that helps!  I love getting compliments from Andy, friends, coworkers,etc. but when someone I don't know feels the need to to say something, it just makes my day even more.  

I think I will have to start paying attention to other prints now.  :)

I tried to get a pic of my necklace but no matter what I did, it was cast in a shadow.

Necklace: Wish
I adore Peter Pan collars and this necklace has that feel.  When I got it, there was just a single ring between the 2 halves so the black gemstone would flip up and down when I moved.  That was a bit annoying so I added 2 more rings and put the gem on the center.  Problem solved!  I also had to add a 3" extender to accommodate my larger neck. That's usually a given for me, though, no matter what weight I am.

Selfies always make my nose look bigger.  LOL

How do you feel about prints?  Love 'em?  Hate 'em?


14 comments:

  1. You look ADORABLE! I do really like prints, but find myself wearing more basic black outfits as of late with lots of accessories. If I do wear prints, I prefer patterned leggings, bottoms, and stockings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you! You were actually part of my inspiration to give these a go because of how awesomely you style the ones with the upside down crosses. :)

      Delete
  2. You look amazing! I think prints are pretty cool. I wear a lot of prints, personally. Well.... When I wear colours and stuff. Which is not that often... (I did today, but that was because I had a master gardener meeting).

    Stay beautiful, friend!
    -Vyv

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Vyv! They are starting to grow on me and I have a couple more pairs of printed leggings on their way to me. :">

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Aw, thank you, Syl! (To be honest, my initial reaction was "No, YOU'RE cute!" but that doesn't translate as well over text. LOL)

      Delete
  4. Looks great! I wore solid black for several years. Then I started sewing again, and I discovered I love sewing with quilting cottons, which come in all sorts of "Halloween" prints... so now I have several print skirts. But I always wear them with solid black tops.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :D I have one long black skirt that sewed a skulls and roses ruffle around the bottom. I used to wear it all the time, so I'm not sure why it hasn't been added back to the rotation or why I haven't sewn more.

      Delete
  5. I like prints when they are of things I like... I've got shirts/leggings/accessories with ants, cacti... But generally I start away because they might be out of style, so I only get them if I'm ok with wearing them when they are "so last season"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the last few years, I've been seeing girls at work wearing prints that I think would go out of style pretty quickly, like a lot of the things on Modcloth that I've seen. The prints I am trying out are more my likes (skulls, bats, etc.), though, so I don't really care about that myself. :)

      Delete
  6. I used prints quite a lot in my sewing when I moved down to the US-- consequently when I started my blog! So a lot of my older sewing stuff has halloween prints.
    Lately I've been trying to step away from heavily noticeable prints, but a print is still a print if it isn't a solid... I guess? Lol

    Those skully legs look like ones I would nab! They're very cute, and you in them =D

    ReplyDelete
  7. HUZZAH for Hot Chocolate Designs! Those shoes are the bomb -- comfortable and durable. I think you look amazing; and who can deny the comfort and ease of leggings with a dress, especially a shorter one? It's a great way to wear prints and not be OTT. Cute.

    ReplyDelete