Friday, September 15, 2017

Shared: Divination leaves my breath minty fresh!

On Wednesdays, Andy and I have Date Night.  It's usually nothing more than going out for dinner, but it's a night that actually gets us out of the apartment during the work week.  This is also the perfect time to check out new and new-to-us restaurants.  We also have beloved tried-and-trues, of course, especially when we are craving something specific.

This past week, we were both craving pancakes in a major way.  It all started because I was trying to convince him that I was evil via IM at work*:

Andy 1:47 PM: 
You're about as evil as a pancake

Sarrah 1:47 PM: 
Mmm... pancakes....

Andy 1:48 PM: 
and bacon!

Sarrah 1:48 PM: 
Pancakes are evil.  They seduce you with their ability to hold syrup so you eat so many that your tummy gets bloated but then you're just hungry again an hour later.

Andy 1:49 PM: 
Bacon is good, and by the thermogenitic property pancakes are also good.

Sarrah 1:49 PM: 
Good and evil!  
And delicious!

Andy 1:49 PM: 
No, good and delicious
Not evil
like you

Sarrah 1:49 PM: 
No, they are not evil like me.  I am the epitome of evilness!
Muuuwahahahahaaaaaa!

Andy 1:51 PM: 
Now I want pancakes.

Sarrah 1:51 PM: 
Mmm... pancakes...

So we ended up at Cracker Barrel for Date Night and had breakfast. :)

While we were oohing and aahing over the Halloween stuff in their General Store (well, I was, anyway), I found this:


A tin of mints that looks like a Ouija board!  I think I literally squeed and claimed them as mine.  Once we got home and I opened them, squeed again:


The mints themselves look like planchettes!

So the big question after that was "How do they taste?"

Hmm... looks like I need to touch up my color soon...

Pretty much like you'd expect a novelty tin of mints to taste. :)  But the tin is pretty awesome and fits in my fancy lady purse just fine.

I've decided that is was fate that led us to have pancakes which led us to Cracker Barrel which led me to finding my new favorite tin.  Mmm... minty!

In other news, I got back the results of the MRI I had on my knee: torn medial meniscus and torn ACL.  I have an appointment already scheduled with an orthopedist for in a couple of weeks.  I'm pretty sure I'll need surgery since there has been no improvement at all since this happened the beginning of July and which should be fun since I live in a 2nd floor apartment with a curved staircase and no elevator.  I knew it wasn't just arthritis like 2 other doctors told me. :P


* Andy and I work for the same company but in different buildings so we can IM during work. :)


9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I *am* evil for my heart is dark and filled with a blatant disregard for human lives!

      Delete
    2. None of that is true. You're delightful.

      Deal with it.

      Delete
  2. Aaaahh so cute. That's the cutest thing ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome tin! And the mints are so detailed. I haven't been to a Cracker Barrel in years.

    Sorry to hear about your knee. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can see why I had to claim it. :) We don't go to Cracker Barrel often but they have good pancakes and I love their store area.

      Thank you about my knee. At least it's no longer just a random pain so we can get it fixed. :)

      Delete
  4. I have one of those that I bought at Party Galaxy last year and I use it to carry around my Imp's Ears from Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab. It's just the perfect size to put a few of them in. It's very handy AND it looks cute.

    Good to go in the purse.
    -Vyv

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great find and i love the design of the tin.

    ReplyDelete