Monday, August 28, 2017

Bought: Batty Bat Bag

With the exception of a few years in high school, I've gone out of my way to not be like everyone else.  This was so bad when I was a kid that I ended up failing a test in the 2nd grade because I could see what everyone else was answering and I wanted my answers to be different.  Fortunately, the teacher was smart and moved me to separate table during test time because I was anti-cheating. :)

Even when I go out to eat with other people, I have to know what they're ordering before I decide so I don't get the same thing.

I just don't like feeling like I am copying other people.

So when I see something that someone else has, I will most likely NOT get it myself (but will certainly window shop the f*ck out of the store if they list it).  So when Bane at Goth It Yourself posted this really cool batty bat tote bag last year, I knew it was not in the cards for me.

Except I really liked it.

A lot.

It sounded perfect for me and my needs and the bats were frickin' cute.

But I didn't get it.


Until over a year later, anyway. :)

I recently happened across an Amazon store who was selling it for a ridiculously low price (not such a low price now but reasonable still).  I hmm'd over it for a while but ultimately decided to get it.  I mean, as awesome as Bane is, I don't actually know her in person and I've only recent come out my lurk-phase to comment on her blog.  So it'd be okay just this once, right?

I have to say, I *love* this bag!  It's the right size to carry all my non-purse stuff, it fits over my shoulder well, and it zips close so everything doesn't spill out when I drop it.

Even though I will try to not get things that I know other people have, I get SO excited when I see that I already own something someone else does or if I see it on a TV show or movie.  Like this bat necklace that Meagan Kyla from Coffin Kitsch is wearing.  I have that!  Actually, I own a few necklaces that she does and I got excited when I saw each and every one  of them after discovering her blog. :)

I'm a fancy lady with a fancy purse!

Dress: SWAK Designs
Purse: Unique Vintage
Necklace: I don't remember - Walmart?  Walgreens? Walstore?

So, just how weird is that or do other people do these things, too? :)




8 comments:

  1. I have been lusting over the purple&black version of that bag and wallet for almost a year now 😍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the wallet, too! If I hadn't already gotten my R2D2 wallet, I'd probably be vying for the purple batty bat wallet myself. :)

      Delete
  2. That's funny! I don't think I ever heard of anyone quite like that-- you'd be the first.
    If I love sometime, I will make it mine one way or another lol...
    But I still get the same excitement when I find my twinsie out in the wild, too though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently I can't even be weird like other people. Lol I'm glad someone gets my "twinsie" excitement, though! And I'm totally stealing that. :)

      Delete
  3. I don't think I know anyone else quite contrary but it's who you are and that's awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Thank you, Laura! Andy will sometimes say he is ordering one thing when we eat out and then order what I am ordering just to mess with me. But since I ordered first, I am okay with it. ;)

      Delete