Monday, October 16, 2017

Shared: Choker? But I hardly even know 'er

Now that October is FINALLY here, I feel more comfortable wearing some of my larger spooky pieces of jewelry to work.  I'm sure I'll eventually get over that like I did with the prints.  I really love this time of year but it's nowhere near the same feeling as it was when I lived in Minnesota.  It's still not cold here and I even have a new coat to wear when the air does get chilly so I'm trying to be patient.  But at least I can wear my more Halloweeny stuff with fewer weird looks.  Not that I mind the weird looks, of course.

Necklace: Wish

Since I don't like to wear actual chokers, I call this necklace "one of my chokers."  I'm sure you can guess why. :)

I have a white plastic one, too, but it's a lot more costume-y so I usually wait until closer to Halloween to sport that one.  The problem with both of them, though, is the hands move as I do so I am constantly having to fix them to get them to lay right.  Oh, the pain of beauty!  ;)

Speaking of "beauty," see how tired my eyes look?  I took this before I was able to see the orthopedist and was so sleep deprived because of the pain.  (My knee is MUCH better now, btw.  Yay!)  Mutant Stomp Friends posted a great tutorial for how to cover that with makeup but time is just not my friend in the morning.  Plus, I think the dark bags go well with my outfits.  LOL

In other news, I bought some skeleton cameos and settings for them off Wish recently and was able to make 10 necklaces for $1.50 a piece including the black cord.  I still have 2 settings left over as well. :)

Cameos and settings both from Wish

I've decided that I am going to keep 4-5 of them and give the rest away.  I know the skeleton cameo is kind of overdone but I still like it. :)  I like the different colors that these came in which kind of makes them a little fresh again.  For me, at least. So you'll probably start seeing these in upcoming outfit posts.

Does your everyday wardrobe change much in October?

12 comments:

  1. Take those bags and turn them into an accessory. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I have so many delightful images going through my head with that!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks! I love it except I swear it really does try to choke me sometimes. LOL

      Delete
  3. Haha that's some good punning there. I only like super soft, super adjustable chokers, otherwise they aren't comfortable. I bet you don't miss those Minnesota temperatures! It's supposed to get to the 40s tonight in NYC and I already want to die. I've gotten soft since leaving Chicago. Thanks for the mention!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss Minnesota temps 9 months out of the year. :) But we're finally having lows in the upper-40s and highs in the low-70s so I'm a happy girl!

      The only time I really miss snow is on Christmas day. Brown grass just doesn't have the same festive feel.

      Delete
  4. That's a great assortment of cameos and settings!

    My October wardrobe includes orange and Halloween print skirts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love orange... on other people. :) Plus, I work for the corporate office of "the big orange box store" that I know you are very familiar with with your home re-do so I get a lot of orange every day. :D

      Delete
  5. I love how productive you are with those cameos! I got so many nice settings and stuff ages ago and only made a pair of earrings with those.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to actually use items as soon as I get them. I don't always succeed but I try! I still have all the stuff for making a Muppet-style puppet but haven't actually started that dream yet. :)

      Delete
  6. It’s good you work somewhere you’re allowed to be yourself! Constantly adjusting things drives me crazy, too! In Australia Halloween is in Spring and it’s hot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really lucked out with my corporate environment that they allow my hair, etc. I just make sure nothing falls outside of the dress code which, honestly, is not an issue for me.

      Halloween in the part of the US where I live is hot, too! For me, anyway. It's always fun for me to see Christmas/Yule posts on Australian blogs. Santa just isn't dressed for Summer. LOL

      Delete